Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Luke's birthday date


When I was a wanna-be big family person, 
I used to ask my big family friends 2 questions.

1.  How do you manage sports? (still figuring that one out)
2.  What do you do about all those birthdays?

Here is what we have come up with.
Birthday is a big stinken' deal around here.
It is one of the only things my kids have that is just their own.
We try very hard to make that child feel special on their birthday.
We usually have some sort of party.
Usually just family and very close friends.



But the thing that we all look forward to
(all that is, except for the children who's birthday it is not)
is birthday date day with Mom and Dad, and sometimes a sibling.
 

Lukey Buddy turns 5 on Thursday.
5!!!!!!
He wanted to go to laser tag so we took him to Stars and Strikes.
AWESOME!!!!
We had the entire place to ourselves being that we are home school freaks and all:)


It never fails, on every single one of these dates I end up silently telling God how much I enjoy being able to give to my kids.
And I always hear Him whisper back,
 "So do I."

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:11 
 

No comments: