Thursday, September 13, 2012

A call to prayer

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."
Genesis 50:20

Tonight I walked through the door and flipped open my computer to start 
looking up directions to the adoption conference I am headed to tomorrow.
The conference that my friend Amy asked if I would go and represent Village of Hope.
The computer opened to facebook and this message appeared on the top of my newsfeed:



Heart in my throat, and instantly tearful for my friends.
This is the place we are sponsoring for our Both Hands project.
This is the place that stole my heart 4 short months ago.
But I am certain that God is going to take this terrifying situation and use it for their good and ultimately for His glory.
Please join me in praying for these sweet families.  Pray that God would provide protection for them.  That they would find favor with the locals there.  That the local community around them would see them as their own and help protect them.
There are 2 young couples and many young children living at Village of Hope.

Here are the links to their blogs if you would like to leave them a word of encouragement:

And a link to our Both Hands page where you can donate:
http://bothhandsfoundation.org/VOHgwinnett


No comments: