Monday, August 13, 2012

Schools in!

Today was our first day of school!
I was excited, nervous and felt a little nauseous over it all.
Something about having 3 in actual school freaks me out!


I got this cute little idea off of pinterest.
Oh how I love thee!
 Caleb- 1st day of 2nd grade.  
When I grow up I want to be a "skylander maker"

 Emma G- 1st day of 1st grade
When I grow up I want to be a "artist & gymnast"

 This girl made my heart melt today!
She was so excited to be a big kid in Kindergarten! 
1st day of K
When I grow up I want to be a "chili's waitress"
(I have no idea)

 Lucas Earl- 1st day of pre-K.
When I grow up I want to be a "SKYLANDER FIXER!"

 Audrey- 1st day of pre-K
When I grow up I want to be a "musketeer"
(think Barbie)

 Seth Michael- 1st day of 2 yr pre-K
When I grow up I want to be a "wrecking ball"
For all of you starting to worry, he doesn't want to fly through the air and take out buildings
(well maybe he does)
he is talking about a toy called wrecking ball.
My boys have a slight skylander obsession-
and we don't even have video games!

 This wrecking ball!

 lesson plans

 I'm doing stations this year to involve all the kids and to keep them busy.
Today we had stamps, leapfrog magnetic letters, cutting, coloring, and blocks.



 Caleb and Emma are using this free spelling curriculum that I love!


We also found this cool Road trip around the USA
that Caleb, Emma and G are doing.

And we will just call this drama!


Here is what we do for all those who would like to know:
Sonlight Intro to World History this is our core, everyone sits in on this.
Road trip around the USA- geography for C, E, G
Handwriting Without Tears- C, E, G, L, A each on their own level
Math U See- C, E, G on their own level
Montessori activities mostly found on pinterest

Happy learning!



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Your school year sounds perfect! Stations sound fun too!

We are going to to Roadtrip USA after Christmas. I can't wait to hear how you like it! I honestly don't know where all of the states are (I should be embarrassed to type that) so I'm also looking forward to learning about the USA!