Friday, July 6, 2012

Beauty out of ashes

Look what was waiting on me when I got home from VA!



I almost didn't post this because I know for some of you this is a stab in the heart.
But I posted it specifically for you.
8-10 years ago our marriage was in ruins.  We wondered if it could ever be saved or if we were just destined to a life of making each other miserable.

Today I sit in amazement at how God used those 2 miserable years to pound the pride out of us and bring us both to a point of brokenness.
 Broken with nothing to give, He began showing us what real love is.


"He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners...
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of beauty 
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy 
instead of mourning
and a garment of praise
instead of despair..."
Isaiah 61:1-3



1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love REAL love!