Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pride and Prejudice and Jesus




Have you seen the movie Pride and Prejudice?


I watched it the other day...twice!


It's really good.


There is one particular scene (shown above)


when he says in his deep English accent...


"You must know, I did it all for you!"


I melted...right. off. my. chair.


And then I did that thing that we girls do...


I started thinking.


"The good doctor has never said that to me before!"


 But before I could even complete that thought another thought crowded in...  I hadn't exactly 


been 


batting my eyes at him like the cute Keira Knightley.





So I am going to let you into my brain today...


a scary place especially here recently!



God has whispered this in my ear the last few days...


"I did it all for you."


(although there was no English accent)




I stood crying in the kitchen today over a bag of groceries someone had brought me.


I added them to the leftover meal someone had provided the night before.


I couldn't help but ask God "Why?!  Why do you love me?!  You know the very depth of my 


heart (and it ain't pretty!)"




I feel too terrible too love, too broken, too evil, too hurt too hideous!


And then I stop short realizing this is exactly how Gianna feels.



But His word says He delights in me!


So overwhelmed with admiration and a desire to please I dug into my Bible to find what 


delighted my 


Lord!  I was looking for stuff to do, things to check off the list.




But this is what I found...


He delights in "His people"  Psalm 149:4, Isaiah 65:19


He delights in "the chosen One"  Isaiah 42:1



Nothing for me to do to make Him delight in me more!


Which is good because that means He won't delight in me less when I am wretched!



And He isn't delighted with me; He delights in me.


His delight doesn't come and go like my emotions.


It's been there all along.


I only need to receive it!



No comments: