Friday, May 25, 2012

1 more day!!!

This morning we packed the kids up in the van and drove to SC 
to meet Grandma and Granddaddy Hank.




After a few pictures, a few hugs and 
lots of tears from mommy, we traded cars and went in different directions.
The kids went to VA to spend a fun filled week being spoiled.
And we headed back to GA to pack for our trip to Guatemala.


I'm proud to say I did not do the ugly cry.
I did cry for about 5 miles and then I just refused to talk for about 10 miles.
Then I realized my step dad had some very old, very bad, music on.
Then I noticed I could actually HEAR the radio.
Then I cried from pure joy!



Jim and I want to thank you guys so much for all your support of the orphans of Eagles Nest.
We are really excited to go and take you along with us!
We are about $2,000 away from our $10,000 goal for the addition at the orphanage.
You can still give by contacting Amy at blockamy at hot mail dot com


So here is the way tomorrow is supposed to go.
We fly into Guatemala city at 11:45 am, after going through customs a driver from the orphanage will take us on the 3 hour drive to Solola where we will meet 

I've gotten a few emails so I though I would answer on here too.
We are not going with a group, it's just Jim and I.
We have never been there.
We've never officially met Amy and Todd.
I dont' speak a lick of Spanish, unless you count asking about pain (?dolor?)...but I have no idea what they are telling me when they answer! 
We are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, you can read about that here.

It sounds a little crazy now that I write it all down.
Honestly we just really wanted to spend our time giving back what has been lavished on us.
We are serving out of amazing amounts of gratitude!

Thank you again for helping us help these orphans.
I hope I can do a good job showing each of you how you have personally touched the lives of the children.

"From everyone who has been given much. much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
Luke 12:48


No comments: