Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things I'll miss...

I'll miss this red door that I brought 7 babies home through...


I'll miss the dirt spot in Grandma's room where time out is...


I'll miss watching the kids try to swing over Ms Kim's fence...


I'll miss this fire pit that Jim made himself
and all the memories made over sticky marshmallows and stinky clothes...


I'll miss these hand prints in concrete...



I'll miss these raised beds,
where Jim and I got into a knock down, drag out fight while building them...


I'll miss these trees,
they were only about 9 feet tall when we planted them!


I'll miss this wall
an indestructible reminder of our love and devotion for G...


I'll miss this wall,
where Caleb, at age 5, drew a chore chart for me;
and later added a battle scene...


I'll miss the rows of toothbrushes...
(although I won't miss the fights for the bathroom!)


But most of all I'll miss looking out my window to see
my kids play with their best friends.
I'll miss random afternoon get togethers
and heart-to-hearts over borrowed milk.
I'll miss garage cleanups abandoned for a middle of the street football game.
I'll miss my sweet friends
(it sunk in tonight Kim)


"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."
Aristotle

No comments: