Wednesday, March 28, 2012

a piece of my heart for sale

 
(before with red shutters)
2 days ago the kids and I went to the old house.
Which brought on this stroll down memory lane...

after...

school room before...

dinning room after...

play room before...

sitting room after...

living room before...

after...

Seth walked around saying,
"bed?! all gone?!  where my bed?!  all gone?!"












 Here's where I started getting choked up. 
Before with my backyard covered with kids. 
And now...


Here is Uncle Dave and Jim building the patio circa 2005
(check out the tree behind them)


That same tree today
after living through several attacks by neighboring trees:)



 

Fire pit  built by hand by my
talented husband...


sniff sniff...

Our stairway to Soto's
(I think this was the point that I started sobbing)

Then I sat there staring at this, 
for some reason I felt like I was pulling the plug.
It felt so final.
I realized as I drove away that the house is just wood and bricks
but it reminded me of ten years of blood, sweat and tears (literally).
Our best times and our worst times were wrapped up in those 4 walls.

Now it's time to make some new memories!

No comments: