Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years goals

(random picture that has nothing to do with this post but it makes me happy.
Me and my Dad making biscuits.
I blame Dad for my carb addiction)

I meant to post these I while back.
So now I will post my goal and let you know how I've done so far.

1.  pray more.
I already pray a lot but this year I want to try to start and finish a prayer instead of just popping up prayers through out the day.
I've done pretty well on this one.  I've been getting up 30 min earlier than normal and I have a prayer journal I've managed to keep up with.  But it's like the kids smell me (see #3).  No matter what time I get up I almost always have 1 or 2 of them up with me.  So tomorrow I'm putting their Bible's out too and if they wake up they are welcome to join me for QUIET TIME.

2.  Focus on my marriage.
Unfortunately this past year, we have seen some of our good friend's marriages fall apart.
I realized that none of them woke up one day and said to themselves "I think today I will tear my marriage to shreds."  It was gradual.
Jim and I have an amazing amount of things pulling us away from each other.
I want to do my part to make sure that I am loving him well.
I wish this one wasn't so hard but it is.
There are SO MANY things that need to be done here that it is very hard for me to just sit
down with him.  He doesn't always want to talk, sometimes he just wants me to sit and watch football or a debate.  It is HARD for me to sit still knowing there is so much to be done but I am learning that if I put him first, then all that other stuff ends up getting done sometime:)

3.  Shower more often
I know that is totally gross but really if I don't wake up before the kids do then I can kiss taking a shower good bye until night time.
Umm I THINK I took a shower yesterday morning.
Still working on this one.

4.  Exercise twice a week.
I'm getting ready to go downstairs to do half of P90X yoga...
for the first time since I got pregnant with Asher.  
That should help goal #3

5.  Play more; complain less
Making sure I take Sunday to rest and play with the kids has helped both of these 
tremendously!

6.  Take better care of me, so I can take better 
care of them.

I've got some work to do here too.
I average about 5 hours of sleep a night most nights.
I NEED to make sure I get more sleep.

So if I'm going to accomplish #4, 3 and 6 I better get to it:)

(check back tomorrow.  We are going to look at a house for the second time.  I'll let you know how it goes!)


2 comments:

Erin said...

Great goals :) I too need want to accomplish a lot of the same including showering more often ;) I know how hard it is to catch one with 2 so I can imagine it gets a bit tricker!

Beth said...

Erin you are such a great encouragement!