Friday, December 16, 2011

10 year anniversary trip BOOKED!!!

Jim and I are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary this June.
It's a really big deal considering we weren't sure we were going to make it through the first 2 years!:)

My Mom and step-dad are keeping the kids for a week
so all we had to do is decide where we were going.

Visions filled my head of blue water, toes in the sand, quiet days reading books, nice meals cooked by other people and mornings sleeping in until at least 10:00.

But something nagged at me.
Every trip I have ever taken has left me feeling weird at the end.
I always feel like we spend a lot of money and a lot of time
and have little to show for it.

I felt like God was nudging me in another direction.
So I ran it by Jim and sent out an email and the next day it was booked!

We are going to Solola Guatemala to help with an orphanage called Eagles nest.
I am so excited!

We don't really know anyone there.
Amy, from Building the blocks is a friend that I haven't met yet but I love following her blog.
Her and her family have recently moved to Guatemala as full time missionaries.
We will be hanging out with them doing whatever they need.
We will be there a week and will take one day to sight see,
maybe do some zip lines and hike up a volcano!

I'm crazy excited and hope I can get internet service so I can take you along with us!
Go check out Amy's blog here to see some pictures of the children we will get to meet.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are so very selfless :) What an awesome way to celebrate 10 years!

Ivy said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to see pictures.