Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bring on the birthdays

I get the honor of bringing in the birthday parade at our house.
Mine is today, G is next week, we have one in Dec, one in Jan and 2 in March!
Bring on the cake and presents!


It was a normal day today.
Except the kids were so excited for my birthday they woke up about 6:45!!!
Then they asked me when I was going to decorate the house and make a cake:/
Next Asher spit up down the back of my shirt and jeans.
Then Seth spilt an entire bowl of rice krispies (the worst to clean up).
Then Audrey broke out in a rash all over her body and needed Benadryl.
Then I found Seth in the laundry room with our big box of bubble gum.
He was chewing them (paper and all)
then spitting them out.
He had gone through about 2 packages by the time we caught him.
Please don't lock me up...it's my birthday!

We had a dance party.


I helped the big kids make a cake and they all decorated it.
It started out nice and controlled.

Then G "accidentally" dumped an entire bottle of sprinkles on the cake.
It was all over with then!



At some point I got this sweet picture from my nieces and nephew
(and an adopted niece and nephew) in VA!
I almost cried!



Here was the finished cake product.
Approximately 1 lb of kisses, 1/2 lb of chocolate chips,
marshmallows, jelly beans, and gummy bears and a few sprinkles...
and about 55 candles.


Now for the good stuff.
The presents!
Jim took the kids out shopping and this is what they picked out!
Ghetto fab!


And yes I will be sporting this tomorrow.
It's not Thanksgiving without a little bling, right?!

And my sweet brother and sister-in-law gave me this.
Not sure why, haven't they seen our mad cake skills:)

I have the best job in the world!
I had "happy birthday" sung to me no less than 15 times today!
I had cake and candy all rolled into one.
I was kissed and hugged and pampered and loved on.
And Gianna Hope came up to me, hugged my neck, kissed me on the cheek,
and whispered "I love you Mommy! Congratulations, that's what people say on birthdays and adoptions, right Mommy?!"
I will never ever forget today.
The best gift was Gianna telling me for the first time a spontaneous, genuine "I love you!"
I'm actually looking forward to next year!

Have a great Thanksgiving!



No comments: