Thursday, November 10, 2011

Apple butter part 1



APPLE BUTTER!!!!
I look forward to it all year!
This is day 1 of a 2 day post...you guys are going to be so sick of seeing apples by the time I'm done with you!


Here is the location.
Shawsville VA
Say that with twang Shaaawwwwsville!
Gorgeous!


You chop the apples with this fancy gadget.


Then you put them in a turkey pot and add some water and cook it down until it's mush.
(I'm not much of a detail girl, sorry)

Then it goes into this thing.
We will call it a strainer.
The peel goes into the bowl and the sauce goes into a fancy bucket.


Like this.
Plain ole apple sauce...no sugar.
It sits in these fancy containers until about 5:30 the next morning when we (hahaha) I mean the men get up and put it in the copper pot.
(Jim says "cauldren")


Anything that sounded informative came from this handsome man sitting beside me.

You guys get ready!
Picture fest tomorrow...if Asher lets me post- he's a little moody:)

1 comment:

The Ellis Family said...

Because we are such dear friends, I will offer to be your cupbearer (as Andrew says) and taste the finished product. Afterall, we wouldn't want you to get sick or anything. ;-)