Monday, October 24, 2011

How to teach patience


*Warning!!!! If you are a germaphobe you may want to skip this post.



Can you teach a virtue?
I'm not sure but I know you can model it and encourage it.
We do it with a BIG bowl of ice cream.


I don't know when or how this tradition started, but I'm so glad it did!
We get the chocolate molten lava cake from Chili's, put it in a big bowl,
give everyone a spoon and pass it around and around until it is gone.


The rule is you get one normal size bite and then you pass it on.
If you scream, whine, kick, bite or cry you are out of the rotation.
It usually only happens once.

OK so that is not such a normal size bite!

My kids are awesome!
It's all I can do to stop myself from sneaking another bite!
But at least I get the big spoon.


No comments: