Saturday, September 17, 2011

calling her blessed!

"Her children arise and call her blessed...honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gates."
Proverbs 31:28 & 31


My mom has been here for about a week and a half.
She is amazing!
She's a machine! A laundry folding, never sitting machine!!!
She makes ME tired!


I haven't always stood and called my mom blessed.
Unless you call biting her finger calling her blessed.
I was a rotten teenager...sorry Mom!

When I had Seth, the doctor put me on bed rest about 3 weeks. Mom came and took care of all the kids. A 1 year old, 2 year old, 2- 3 year olds and a 5 year old. She was a busy woman.
Then I had baby Seth, then I got mastitis and she was taking care of 5 kids and a newborn and me!
When Jim got finished working we sent Mom for a weekend of pampering.


This time she has taken care of all 6 kids, a revolving mountain of laundry and has learned to drive downtown in a 15 passenger van...
So to show our undying gratitude (and so we may stand a chance to go on a trip for our 10 year anniversary) we sent her away again.
Back to chateau élan.

Just look at this tub!

OK Mom don't get carried away.
And remember to come back after you are done getting rubbed and scrubbed!

WE LOVE YOU!



1 comment:

The Popes said...

Aren't moms the GREATEST! I was a rotten teen too and I look back and cringe at myself. So many missed years with a woman who is now my best friend and biggest idol.

Side note, I saw your Apple Butter Party on FB. Is that open or just your family and real friends? I was thinking Josie would love it and to meet your girlies!