Friday, August 26, 2011

flower arranging montessori style

I have been trying to do at least one montessori activity a week for my preschoolers.
They love it (including my 5 & 6 year old) and it keeps them busy while I do some 1 on 1 work with my older kids.
A few weeks back I saw this sensory bin activity on Chasing Cheerios and thought the kids would love it. So we gave it a try.
I'm happy to report it was a hit and it didn't end in a trip to the ER to remove a bean from a nose, ear, etc.
I call that, ladies and gentlemen, a success!!!

Even if you are not a homeschooler this would be a great activity to pull out when you are trying to cook.
We used a bunch of black beans, measuring cups, pot, and fake flowers.




Me: "Audrey, you know these don't go anywhere but in the pot and in the box...right?!"
Audrey: "heeheehee heeeeeeeee!!!!"
Me: "seriously Audg! You know you can't put them up your nose...right?!"
Audrey: "Ooookkkkaaayyy mommmy."
(looking totally disappointed)

Breaking stereotypes everywhere!
As long as he could use the red flowers.
Why?
Because Darth Vader has a red light saber so everything my 3 year old touches must be red!
Even flowers.



Who's in charge here?

Oh, and yes those are tattoos all over my kids...
another type of sensory activity:)

No comments: