Monday, June 27, 2011

swim lessons and other random things

We are home! Are you confused yet? I call VA home...that will always be home...and GA home. We are home in GA and today we started swim lessons. All 5 big kids! Look at em, they look like they are ready to take on the pool! Everyone except Luke that is.


Emma and G waiting their turn


Luke was totally fine as long as he was on his belly


Caleb (yes that is a tattoo on his head)


G (yep, she's got one too)


Audg
(are these not the cutest teachers ever! This is how
I will find out if my brother reads my blog!)


Em


They survived!



Then we went to Costco, filled up 2 grocery carts...the cashier took our card to the desk and told us we may want to think of becoming executive members. He then proceeded to tell us how much we had spent, total, there at Costco, then I ran screaming and crying out of the store



Then to console myself I fed the kids a crazy amount of ice cream and all was right with the world again!


Obviously this is not a how to of photography, I chopped my baby girls head off, sorry Emma!
I also was too lazy to go in and get my flash so these are a little blurry...I blame Costco for giving me the shakes!


Yes, that is a dirty (wool) sock. No, I have no idea why it is there



these 2 are breaking my heart lately! Aren't they cute!


More randomness:

I got up early today for the first time in a very long time. I did my quiet time in the morning...by myself! It was great.

I felt God telling me that one of the many blessings of having Gianna (and Audrey) here is that He is revealing His love for me through them. I'm hard headed. I've always had an easy time picture God as big, powerful and ready to get me. He seemed harsh and far away. I have spent most of my adult life trying to learn the truth about Him. Through G He has shown me who I am. I am her. She sometimes is unlovely, she yells and battles me and I am to love her through it. The Bible says "But God demonstrates His love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 He died when I was yelling in my room, hitting the door hating Him and what He stands for (just like G). Now, I am not God so I struggle with this but He does not!

What a sweet thing this morning. A sweet whisper of "I love you" from the One who holds my heart.

1 comment:

The Ellis Family said...

You aren't a Costco Executive member??? C'mon with the amount you spend you'll easily make up the extra costs and more with the 2% cash back.