Friday, May 6, 2011

Our wild day at the homeschool convention

Forgot to hit the "publish post" button when I wrote this last week. Turns out that is very important! Enjoy a look into a homeschool convention...

Today Jim and I had a wild date to the homeschool convention. I know all of you wish you could have gone but not to worry! I took pictures of the entire day!

First I put on the cutest maternity dress I could find...no denim apron dress for this girl! Not that there is anything wrong with denim, or head coverings, or grinding your own grain...


Then we dropped the kids off with my friend Kim. She is a SAINT!!! This is her nice and refreshed ready to take on the world!!! (I didn't take one when we picked the kids up but she looked just as wonderful and happy and slightly tired) I love her!!!!!

This is a little tiny section of the convention. Very overwhelming if you are not sure what you are looking for.
Here is Jim drooling over some old books...
This is what you have all been waiting for. It was really my reason for wanting to go to the convention period! I saw a large line of women waiting in line. I thought funnel cakes? Free food? Tattoos? Nope, the EZ bun. This thing would've come in real handy last year when I was trying to learn how to do ballerina hair. (I have no idea what the lady in red is doing but I'm sure it is not appropriate for a homeschool crowd!)

Last but not least Jim got to profess his undying love and devotion to me in a very personal message...
(my wife homeschools and she is my hero)

Taken from the Official Book of Homeschooling Cartoons www.familymanweb.com

3 comments:

The Popes said...

Too funny! I was there too!

Beth said...

I saw on fb you were going to be there. What did you think?

The Ellis Family said...

And not to mention all the awesome people you did see there! =)