Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hey baby!

Today we had our 20 week ultrasound! So exciting! We took the super 6 and Ms Mary and totally took over the waiting room...
They led us back to a big room (thank you Lord) with a large (think man cave) TV screen on the wall. Here is the sweet little profile...

Here is a foot...

Here it's assuming the "if you don't get away I'm going to kick you!" position...


So if you are wondering we did not find out the sex. This is our 5th pregnancy and we haven't known the sex for any of them. I would now like the record to show that I am 4 for 4 in guessing. Although I always second guess my guess at the end of the pregnancy. I am completely convinced that this is a little girl! Jim never guesses. If you know him then you know why:)

I interviewed the kids afterward and this is what they said:
G: "BOY!"
E: "GIRL!"
A: "GIRL!"
C: "A twin boy and girl. And I want to say my favorite part was watching you lay on the table and playing angry birds in the waiting room."
L: MOMMY!!!!! IS THE BABY ALL MADE YET? WHERE IS HIMS MOUTH? HIMS A BOY!" (If you have ever met Luke you know why I'm screaming at you)

Our Doctor said they found 2 choroid plexus cysts, you can read about them here if you want. This is nothing to be alarmed about. Many times they go away on their own. A lot of us have them and don't even know. She said that most Down syndrome babies have them but most of the time they see these cysts the baby is fine (confused???). Basically, pray about it but don't worry about it. We will have another ultrasound around 32 weeks and they will check and see if they are still there, and if they have grown. Everything else looks great.

Excitement is growing and we can't wait to meet our little bun in the oven!!!

No comments: